The Annapurna base camp trek is one of the most popular treks in the world. It literally brings you face to face with an eight-thousander! The ABC trek holds several treasures for the mountain lover.
The trail of the Annapurna Base Camp trek is breathtakingly beautiful. As you hike through the Annapurna Sanctuary, you come across the most striking flora and fauna.
The grand view of the Annapurna Massif from the base camp almost takes your breath away. Views of the Hiunchuli, Machapuchare and, Annapurna South are a treat for the sore eyes. ABC is a moderate level trek.
With the right experience, skillset and training you can attempt this trek and enjoy the beauty of the Himalayas in Nepal.
- Region – Nepal.
- Grade – Moderate.
- Best time to visit – May-Oct.
- Altitude – 13550ft.
- Type – Trekking
- Duration – 11 days
Day 01 – Kathmandu
Day 02 – Drive to Pokhara by tourist bus
Day 03 – Drive to
Matque (60km) by private transport and
trek to Jhinudada (1730m)
Day 04 – Trek to Bamboo (23100m)
Day 05 – Trek to Deurali 3140m. (3700m)
Day 06 – Trek to Annapurna base camp
Day 07- Trek to Himalaya
Day 08 – Trek to Chhomrung (2170m)
Day 09 – Trek to Matkyu and take a
private jeep to Pokhara
and stay overnight in Pokhara
Day 10 – Drive
from Pokhara to Kathmandu by tourist bus
Day 11 – Departure for onward flight
- Domestic and international Airport pickup and drop off.
- 2 night 2-star hotel in Kathmandu on a bed and breakfast basis.
- 2 night 2-star hotel in Pokhara in plan B.
- Kathmandu to Pokhara by flight/tourist bus.
- Pokhara to Matkhy by private jeep.
- Conservation/national park fees and all government taxes.
- All required trekking permits (Trekkers’ InformationManagement System card).
- All meals during the trek (breakfast (1 cup of tea or
coffee), lunch and dinner).
- All accommodations during the trek (twin sharing basis with common toilet).
- Government-licensed and experienced
- English-speaking trekking guide
- Salary of staff (guide and porter)
- Porters to carry luggage on a 1:2 ratio (max. of 20 kg)
Insurance for staff during trekking period (porter and guide)
- Matchy to Pokhara by private jeep
Pokhara to Kathmandu by flight / Tourist bus.
- International airfare and travel taxes
- Medical/personal travel insurance (must cover)
- Emergency evacuation cost
- Medical first aid kit
- Personal trekking gear
- All meals and beverages in Kathmandu/ Pokhara
- All beverages during the trek (mineral water, tea, coffee, soft drinks, etc.)
- Personal expenses such as hot shower, telephone calls, laundry, wifi and battery-charging
- Tips for guide and porter