The UT Ladakh Kangri peak is a newly explored prominent snow-capped peak in the upper valley of Rumtse village. This peak was explored and successfully scaled by the local
mountaineers of Ladakh Mountain Guides Association (LMGA) and is accessible for enthusiast mountaineers since 2019.
There are many peaks around this range but the newly explored UT kangri is the best for those who are new to mountaineering and planning to do 6,000 meters peak at the beginning. The prominent UT Kangri peak is 6,070 meters high and a view from the top is stunning. You will get a beautiful view of different ranges of mountains and peaks like Markha valley and the eastern Karakoram ranges.
‘Phu’ literally means the upper valley in Ladakhi where the nomads stay in summer. The Rumtse-Phu is the main pasture land for the nomads of Rumtse,Gya and Meru villages. The
Rumtse-Phu lies at a height of around 4,900m above sea level. The highest sleeping altitude in the expedition is 5,230m above sea level at base camp.
The summit day will be the longest and tiring day in the entire expeditions of about 10-11 hrs trek. You will be roped up in a team as you would be climbing over a steep slope in a deep snow
Arrive LEH. Full rest day at the hotel. In the afternoon walk around Leh market back to the hotel
After breakfast visit, Thiksay Monastery comes for lunch at the hotel. In the afternoon walk to Shanti Stupa back to the hotel
Drive to Rumtse Phu for 2-3 hrs (4900m). Then trek to ShakrokDoksa for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. (5100m) Camping
After breakfast introduction to mountaineering equipment and after lunch acclimatisation walk around campsite to some top.
Load ferry to summit camp and back to basecamp
After breakfast trek to Summit camp 5300m for 3-4 hrs. Today it will be Alpine style mountaineering. You will be Carrying your mountaineering gear and tent with some food etc.
Summit UT Kangri 6030m. Return to Base
Trek to the road head and drive back to Leh
- 4 nights in a hotel
- Airport pick up and drop
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner on all days
- Tea every Morning & Evening
- Highly qualified guides during the trek
- Camping in tents along with sleeping bags
- All technical equipment
- First aid medical kit
- Local Transport
- All the necessary technical equipment
- All fees & Permits required for the expedition
- Travel till Leh
- Personal clothing & Personal Porter
- Any kind of personal expenses Toiletries
- Tips to guide/porter
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions of the package.
- Personal Insurance
- Why Trek with us?
We provide SAFE, enjoyable and successful expedition with smooth and efficient service to maximize both your enjoyment and your chances of overcoming any fear.
- Learning from an exceptionally qualified and talented team of Everesters.Training and classes on how to trek and plan an expedition.
- Hand-holding till the top of the Peak and back.
- A well-planned itinerary & acclimatization schedule based on our vast experience of innumerable treks & expeditions.
- Experienced staff who have been working in the mountaineering industry for many years. Their experience and mountaineering skills at high altitudes will help individuals learn valuable expertise and confidence.
- Timely services & adventure filled experiences with a major focus on minimum harm to the environment.
- Constant guidance and preparation at each step after you book the expedition till the time you fill in the feedback.