Satopanth means TRUE PATH. It is the second-highest summit in the Gangotri group of Garhwal Himalaya, Uttarakhand.
The Peak is commonly undertaken as a Pre Everest Summit by those aiming to reach the top of the world.
The trekking trail for Mt. Satopanth crosses through winding path, knife-sharp edges and remote villages of Garhwal.
One can expect to get awestruck with the views of Thalay Sagar, Shivlingand granite pillars of Bhagirathi III. Camping in Vasuki Tal and few other equally gorgeous places adds to the charm of the Mt. Satopanth Peak Expedition. The expedition gives a flavour of use of
Crampons, Using different types of mountaineering equipment, Jumar, Climbing with Fixed Rope, roping up, ice axe, HIgh altitude effects and all the preparation needed for an 8000m climb.
- Region – Gangotri (Uttarakhand).
- Max Altitude – 7075 (23212 ft).
- Grade – Difficult.
- Type – Pro Peak.
- Duration – 20 Days.
- Number of Pax – 12 only.
- Min. experience before- 6000m.
As per IMF directions in a batch of 12 climbers:
- 6 climbers should be Advanced Mountaineering course qualified (AMC)
- 4 Climbers Basic Mountaineering Course Qualified (BMC)
- 2 climbers to have done at least a 6000m peak.
Day 1: Reach NIM, Uttarkashi, (1158m)
Day 2: Uttarkashi to Gangotri, (3300m), 100km by road.
Day 3: Gangotri, (3300m) to Bhojbasa, (3775m)- 14km trek
Day 4: Bhojbasa to Nandanvan, (4358m)- 20Km trek
Day 5: Nandanvan to Base Camp(BC)- Vasuki Tal, (4875m) – 6km trek
Day 6 Height Gain at BC, climbing nearby heights for acclimatization
Day 7: BC (4876m) to camp 1, (5130m)
Day 8 Camp 1 height gain/load ferry to camp2 (5800m), back to Camp1.
Day 9: Camp 1 (5130m) to Camp 2 (5800m)
Day 10: Camp 2 height gain/load ferry to Summit camp (6200m) back camp2.
Day 11 Camp 2 (5800m) to Summit camp (6200m) to Camp 2(5800m)
Day 12 Camp2 (5800m) to Summit Camp (6200m) & summit push (7075m)
Day 13 Summit camp(6200m) to Camp2 (5800m)
Day 14: Camp 2 (5800m) to Camp 1(5130m)
Day 15: Camp 1 (5130m) to BC (4876m)
Day 16: BC (4876m) to Nandanvan (4358m)
Day 17 : Nandanvan to Chirbasa
Day 18: Chirbasa to NIM, uttarkashi
Day 19: Return of items NIM, Uttarkashi & departure
Day 20 : Buffer day
- 1 night at NIM, 2 nights in a nice hotel with breakfast & balance’ accommodation in Camps as per the itinerary.
- All Meals during the trek.
- Lunch will be available with proper food.We will serve Vegetarian food on the expedition which will be cooked by our high-altitude chefs
- Expedition guide, cook, helpers, HAP and LAPfor carrying common supplies.
- Camping in tents along with sleeping bags
- Kitchen, dining, toilet tents till BC
- Climbing boots & Crampons
- Seat harness, climbing rope, Dead Man/Boy &Ice axe, pulleys, jumar, carabiners, helmets, shovel.
- First aid medical kit, Oxygen cylinder till Summit for emergency
- Course Certified Everester Team Leader.
- All the necessary technical equipment
- All fees & Permits
- Great Time, lot of smiles, fun, friends &
- One month before expedition: 5% deduction
- Between 30 to 15 days: 50% deduction
- Less than 15 days, carry forward 50 % amount on expedition.
- Travel till Gangotri, we go by shared transport charged separately.
- Personal clothing & Personal Porter
- Lunch & Dinner when in hotel (2 days)
- Any kind of personal expenses Toiletries
- Tips to guide/porter.
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions of the package.