Kashmir Dairies is an exciting yet nostalgic trip from Srinagar to Ladakh. aiming to give you the best flavour of Kashmir in a way you have never tried before. The minute we mention Kashmir, we go back to memory lanes of old Bollywood movies shot in Kashmir, the recent one being Kashmir files.
This trip has a lot of emotions attached to it. we have Adventure, Spiritual trip, nostalgia, and patriotism all rolled into one.
This is a very mixed experience kind of trip. We have a spiritual trip combined with an adventure trip and a road trip. We can promise you; you will thoroughly enjoy this trip and demand more such amazing trips.
State – Jammu & Kashmir / UT – Ladakh
Trip type – Spiritual journey, Adventure, road trip.
Route Map – Srinagar – Sonmarg – Kargil – Ladakh
Day 1 – Arrive at Srinagar Airport. Board the pick-up vehicle and arrive at the beautiful Houseboat at Dal lake. Enjoy the shikhara ride to your fantastic stay at Srinagar. Check in to the room. Have lunch and relax for some time. Evening at 4:00 pm, board the shikhara and go for local sightseeing—evening dinner at the houseboat. 9:00 pm lights out.
Day 2 – Visit the Shankaracharya temple, Verinag Temple, Jyeshta Mandir and Hazratbal Dargah. Come back to the houseboat, have dinner and lights out.
Day 3– Post Breakfast, leave for Sonmarg drive along the beautiful snow-clad mountains and the great rivers. Reach Sonmarg and check in to the hotel. Go boating, river rafting, zip line etc. post these activities and return to the hotel. Evening bonfire, have dinner by the bonfire. Night 10:00 pm lights out.
Day 4 – Post breakfast leave for Kargil. Pass through the fantastic ghat of Zozilla and stop at Drass, the 2nd coldest place on Earth. Visit the Kargil war memorial. Continue the journey to Kargil
Check-in at the hotel in Kargil. High tea with the Soldiers at the Border village of Kaksar. The rest of the evening is reserved for relaxing.
Day 5– Post breakfast drive to Suru Valley. Visit the historic Kartse Khar to witness the 7th- century rock-cut Maetriya Buddha Statue. Visit NUN & Kunthe twin highest peaks of Ladakh. Overnight stay at Guest house/Dak bungalow/ Hotel in Panikhar.
Day 6– Post breakfast, drive to Pinzila pass to witness the beautiful twin lakes and Darangdurung Glacier, the most beautiful part of Ladakh. On the way back, visit the beautiful Rangdum Monastery. Witness the beautiful twin highest peaks of Ladakh Nun & Kun from the Hotel room. Overnight stay at Hotel, have dinner and lights out.
Day 7 – After breakfast, drive to Batalik ( Aryan Valley) – Leh. A little about the Aryan village. It is a village in Kargil inhabited by the “Brokpa tribe”, which is considered to be the inhabitants of the Aryan clan. It is widely believed that Alexander the Great, when he was on his journey back to Greece, a part of his army got lost in transit, and they settled in Batalik village along the Indus river. This region has recently been open to tourists; there are many amazing facts to explore about this Hidden Himalayan region. As we drive down to this fantastic village, we arrive at Garkon Village Aryan Valley, a unique place where we have lunch with the locals. While we savour the lunch prepared by the locals, we get to watch the fantastic local dance performed by the Local community.
Post lunch and a fun-filled afternoon; we continue our journey towards Leh via Sangam Magnetic Hill and Gurudwara Pathar Saheb; we arrive at Leh by evening. Check in to the hotel, have dinner and hit the bed.
Day 8 – After an early breakfast, we continue our journey to the famous Pangong Lake (14,500 ft) via Changla Pass (17,350ft). This is the third highest motorable road in the world. Pangong is the highest saltwater lake in the world. Incidentally shared by India and China. Enjoy the mesmerising beauty of the lake with its hues of blue-green contrast beautifully with the monotonous backdrop of barren brown and grey mountains. In the afternoon, drive back to Leh via the same route.
Day 9 – Post breakfast, visit the Khardongla top. And the famous Shanti Stupa and explore the local market. Tonight we have dinner with a ladakhi family.
Day 10 – After breakfast, drive to Leh airport and return home. End of the trip. Till we meet again.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis as per the package selected.
- Meal Plan MAP ( Breakfast and Dinner as per tour plan.
- To & Fro Airport Transfers. Ex Srinagar and Ex Leh.
- All transfers/ sightseeing as per itinerary ( Point to point) using non-ac Tempo traveller.
- 1 Oxygen cylinder in each vehicle for visits to Nubra, Pangong lake, Hanle & Tsomoriri lake visit only.
- Daily, one mineral water bottle juice, and snacks during sightseeing .
- Inner line permit/ Environment permit, Ladakh entry fees, wildlife fees & Red cross society fee.
- 5% goods and service tax.
Trip Exclusions –
- Any Airfare.
- Any personal expenses or optional Tours/ Extra Meals ordered.
- Monument/ Museum Entrance, Rafting & Camel ride.
- Services of local tour guide.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the heading “Trip inclusions”.
- Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone calls.
- Any drinks ( Alcoholic, Mineral aerated).
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond our control.
Terms and Conditions:
- Prices are valid from 01st April 2023 to 31st October 2023.
- 25% amount to be transferred for conforming to the tour (non-refundable amount of 10%), and the balance payment is to be deposited before the trip starts.
- Final Confirmation will be provided on full payment.
- Vehicle Provided as per the mentioned tour plan (Point to Point Basis only)
- No Refund or Compensation for any unused services/transportation in any
Extra charges are applicable if there is any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of the flight
cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond
Cancellation Policy for Land Package.
10% cancellation charges if cancelled 30 days before the tour.
25% cancellation charges if cancelled between 30 – 20 Days before the tour.
50% cancellation charges if cancelled between 19 – 10 Days before the tour.
No refund will be made if cancelled 10 days before the tour.
No Refund or Compensation on any changes on the ongoing trip.
Inner line Permit
Clients require Inner line permits to visit restricted areas like Pangong Lake
& Khardongla pass.
We will arrange permits from the District magistrate’s office for which we
require the original photo ID proof (passport, driving license or Election ID).
The permit costs include Red Cross society, Wildlife fee and Environmental fee.
The District Magistrate office Leh is not authorized to issue permits to the
nationalities of Bangladesh, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, People’s Republic of
China, Taiwan, Afghanistan and people holding Diplomatic and official passports
and visas. These
Nationalities and Diplomatic/ Official passport holders can be issued permits only
after they gain authorization from the Ministry of Home Affairs, New Delhi.