Prepare yourself for the spirit of competition and community at the 7th edition of the VNG IRONMAN 70.3 Viet Nam, which will be held in the beautiful Da Nang, Viet Nam. Set amongst majestic mountains and vibrant blue waters, the racecourse is flat, fast, and has an incredible finish line on the beach.
Da Nang is filled with amazing landmarks, spectacular beaches, and delicious food, which helped land the city on the New York Times “52 Places to Go” list. It is also located between three UNESCO World Heritage Sites (Hoi An Ancient Town, My Son Sanctuary and Complex of Hue Monuments), which means your race-cation will not disappoint.
The race weekend will also host the Sunrise SPRINT Viet Nam (a short series triathlon) and the IRONKIDS Viet Nam (aquathlon and triathlon formats), providing a race for all!
The 2023 IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship Qualification Slots will be updated at the start of 2023. For the latest information, please stay tuned here.
About the Host city:
Da Nang is a coastal city with a 60-km long shoreline. With smooth and sandy beaches across the coast, Da Nang beach is voted by Forbes (U.S.) as one of the world’s most beautiful beaches. Not only is the city famous for its beaches, Da Nang’s charm also lies in its geographical position leaning against the majestic Truong Son mountains (or the Annamite Range), and having Son Tra Peninsula embracing the sea. Hai Van Pass, shaped by this ideal geographical feature, is praised as ‘The most marvelous scenery of all’ for having an amazing view overlooking the sea.
Please check out the following link to have a great glimpse of must-see places, things to do, and food to eat while in Da Nang:
Da Nang International Airport is the busiest airport of the Central, the 3rd largest airport after Tan Son Nhat airport (Ho Chi Minh city) and Noi Bai airport (Ha Noi). All the airlines like Vietnam Airlines, VietJetAir, Jetstar, SilkAir operate direct flights from international big cities such as (Seoul, Hong Kong, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Taipei, Tokyo, …) to Da Nang and vice versa. In addition, Da Nang International Airport also exploits charter flights bringing foreign tourists to Da Nang. The flight only takes about an hour to get to Da Nang from Ha Noi or Sai Gon.
For more information about flight times, fares and booking, please visit the websites below:
– Vietnam Airlines: http://www.vietnamairlines.com
– VietJetAir: http://www.vietjetair.com
– Jetstar: http://www.jetstar.com
– SilkAir: http://www.silkair.com.
– Da Nang International Airport: https://www.danangairportonline.com
TO/FROM THE AIRPORT
From the airport, you can catch a taxi, motorcycle taxi or other means of transportation to the hotel.
Tien Sa Port in Da Nang is the stop for all the cruise ships arriving in Da Nang. When the cruise lands, the visitors will be taken care of by travel agencies to visit tourist destinations in Da Nang, Hue, Hoi and My Son.
Nowadays, Tien Sa Port has upgraded the pier, the station, lanes for tourist vehicles and travellers, free electric passenger cars to the port gate for the purpose of creating a cleaner environment, convenient to attract cruise ships.
Some cruise ships regularly visit Tien Sa Port, Da Nang: Costa Victoria, Germini, Henna, Voyager, Azamara, Journey, Seabourn Legend, Le Soleal, Volendam, and Europa.
Da Nang Train Station is an important step of the journey from the North to the South. Daily trains stop here for a long time for the visitors to get on and off the train.
Travelling by train from Ha Noi or Ho Chi Minh City to Da Nang and vice versa is about 14 to 20 hours, but the visitors can enjoy a comfortable time on the wagon well equipped. You need to know the journey to have a suitable choice of seats. The bed is the best choice for a long journey. For short journeys, most visitors usually choose a soft seat ticket, but you can also choose a hard seat because there is more spacious seating, and it’s simply to save money. For more information about the train timetable and the fares, please visit the website vetau24h.com or contact us at the station:
– Da Nang Train Station – Address: 202 Hai Phong st – Tel: (+84) 511.3752333
– Hanoi Train Station – Address: 120 Le Duan st, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi – Telephone: (+84) 43.9423697 – Website: www.gahanoi.com.vn. Daily train Hanoi
– Da Nang: SE19. Departure time: 19h30. Fares from 520.000 VND to 940.000 VND. Other trains Hanoi – Saigon stop at Da Nang station: SE1, SE3, SE5, SE7, TN1, TN3
– Saigon Train Station – Address: 01 Nguyen Thong Street st, ward 9, District 3, Ho Chi Minh city – Tel: 08. 39 318 952 – Website:www.gasaigon.com.vn. Daily trains to Da Nang: SE2, SE4, SE6, SE8, TN2. Fares from 480.000 VND to 1.233.000 VND.
From big cities, there are always high-quality buses, open tour buses, sleeping buses to Da Nang and vice versa. Sleeping buses of the bus companies like Hoang Long, Mai Linh, and Thuan Thao Phuong Trang… is also a convenient way to travel with the price of 400.000 VND/turn.
TAXI/CAB SERVICE IN DA NANG
Except for the areas away from the city centre, many cabs are currently operated in Danang. They often park along the streets, or tourists can make a phone call to order a cab.
For the latest information on visa requirements, please check https://vietnam.travel/plan-your-trip/visa-requirements and https://xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/vi.
Visa & Immigration regulations at Viet Nam airports and border gates
For countries that have signed visa exemption agreements with Viet Nam:
1. A 90-day tourist visa exemption is granted to: Citizens of Chile
2. A 60-day visa exemption is granted to APEC Business Travel Card Holders
3. A 30-day visa exemption is granted to: Citizens of Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia
4. A 21-day visa exemption is granted to: Citizens of the Philippines
5. A 15-day visa exemption is granted to: Citizens of Japan, South Korea, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Norway, Russia, Spain and British Citizens
6. A 14-day visa exemption is granted to: Citizens of Brunei and Myanmar
Those countries are exempt from visa requirements if fulfilling the following conditions: holding a passport issued by the authorities of their countries with the validity of at least three months from the immigration date, having a return ticket or ticket to the 3rd country, not in case of immigration detention according to Viet Nam laws.
If the foreigners who are exempt from the visa requirements above want to stay over 15 days and there are legitimate reasons suggested by Vietnamese organizations or individuals, the Police Department (Immigration Department) or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs will have a necessary examination to issue the visa or the extension of stay.
The foreigners are exempt from visa requirements to do immigration procedures at Cabin serving foreigners at airports or border gates. It is important to follow the instructions of the staff and the foreigners have not to pay any fee.
For other countries that had not signed visa exemption agreements with Viet Nam
Citizens from countries that had not signed visa exemption agreements with Viet Nam are required to have visa or immigration dispatch.
If the tourists already have a Viet Nam visa, they must do immigration procedures at the Cabin serving foreigners. It is important to follow the instructions of the staff and the foreigners do not have to pay any fee.
Foreigners who have entry dispatch must fill in the Viet Nam Visa application form attached with immigration dispatch and passport to pay the visa fee following the rules. Please note that USD should be used when paying the visa fee. Viet Nam Immigration Police officers will provide specific step-by-step guidelines at the airport or border gates.
For more information about immigration, please visit the website:
Da Nang Immigration Office:
Address: 78, Le Loi Street, Hai Chau District, Da Nang City
Working time: Morning: 8 a.m to 11:30 a.m; Afternoon:1 p.m to 4:30 p.m from Monday to Friday, and 8 a.m to 11.30 a.m on Saturday. (Except for Public Holidays)
During the journey, the visitors need to keep in touch with their family and to work from a distance, especially for long trips; Da Nang Center for Tourism Promotion will present a way to make international phone calls while travelling to save money.
The internet and Wi-Fi are indispensable to tourists. Therefore, Da Nang city has built a Wireless network which serves up to 20.000 connections simultaneously to satisfy the need of tourists coming to Da Nang.
Dialling instructions for cell phones in Da Nang
– Domestic calls: 0 + Area code + Phone number
– International calls: 00 + Country code + Area code + Phone number
– Use the services of 171, 177, 178, and 179 to get lower costs. Notes: Foreign visitors can buy sim cards at these places: – Agribank (Agriculture and Rural Development bank), Vietcombank, and Eximbank at the Arrival Terminal of Da Nang International Airport.
– Buy mobile cards for telephone boxes at post offices
– Buy prepaid cards for the services 1717,1788,1799 (the cost is lower than the direct call). How to call: 1717(or 1788 or 1799) + Code on the card + Country code + Area code + Number.
– Dial 1080: To get answers by operators
– Call 1088: To connect with counsellors
– Call 801100: Autoresponder Stores List of Viettel transaction stores in Da Nang
How to connect to Da Nang Wi-Fi
Postal service Post offices and mailboxes are put at visible places in the city, and you can find stamps at any convenience store:
Da Nang Post Office
01 Le Duan st – Hai Chau dist – Da Nang city
Tel: 0511.3817.512 – 0511.3600888 – Fax: 0511.3817.837
zoritoler imol –
Thanks for some other informative website. Where else may just I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a mission that I’m just now working on, and I have been on the look out for such info.