Saptakunda trek is one of the lesser know yet very mesmerising treks in the Himalayas.
Saptakunda, the very name Sapta meaning seven and Kunda meaning lake. Saptakunda lake is a group of seven lakes located in the foothills of Huge Nanda and Ghunti peak.
As a part of the annual ritual, the villagers from surrounding villages visit this lake.
It is believed that Lord Shiva lived here in this beautiful place.
The trek to the lake is tiring and difficult but it is one of the most beautiful landscapes of nature with its pristine landscapes, the various flora and fauna and the unpredictable Himalayan weather.
- Region – Uttarakhand.
- Altitude- 5000m
- Grade – Easy/ Moderate.
- Type – Trekking Peak.
- Best time to visit -Apr- May & Sep-Nov.
- Duration – 8 days.
Day 1: Rishikesh -> B&C campsite – 215 km by road
Day 2: B&C camp -> Jhinji village – 55km by road & 3 km trek
Day 3: Jhinji village -> Sangar camp – 8 km trek
Day 4: Sangar -> Cave camp – 8 km
Day 5: Cave camp -> Simbe top/Saptkund lake & back -> cave camp – 15 km
Day 6: Cavecamp -> Jhinji village – 16 km .
Day 7: Jhinji -> Bhyaltana – 3km trek, road 55 km -> B&CCamp.
Day 8 : Departure from Campsite after breakfast.
- Highly nutritious Breakfast, lunch, and dinner on all days.
- Tea every Morning & Evening.
- Soup in the Evening.
- Highly qualified guides during the trek.
- Camping in tents.
- Sleeping bags.
- Guide fees.
- Trek leader charges & insurance.
- Porter fees for central stores.
- Best available cooks and their salary.
- First aid medical kit.
- All the necessary technical equipment
- All fees & Permits that are required for the expedition.
- Travel till Chamoli
- Personal clothing & Personal Porter
- Any kind of personal expenses Toiletries
- Tips to guide/porter
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions
- Personal Insurance
- Anything not included in the inclusions.
There are no reviews yet.